This Silver Subscription is intended to provide advice and best practices for IT professionals looking to accelerate data first modernization with storage as a service and a cloud operating experience for their on-premises workloads.
Storage offering- CTS
Our Installation Services are provided as a part of the suite of CTS deployment services that are designed to give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your storage needs. Storage solutions are taken care of and installed by Cloud Tech Services authorized Technical Specialists following industry standards, customer needs, and product documentation of the company.
The significant steps include:
- During the Installation Process, experts will perform the point-in-time checks essential for your system before the installation of storage arrays.
- Performing System checks
- Network Checks, and
- Software checks
- Finalize all the general configuration, including credentials and users as expected values.
- Validation of ports and performing health checks.
All the essential steps performed during the installation include:
- Site Planning Phase – Site installation will be performed including physical installation of storage arrays like racking and stacking, cabling, power-on, cooling, connectors, and health checks.
- Configuration – the basic configuration of the storage array
- Preparing the networking environment for connectivity to CTS servers and replication between the arrays (where required) including, IP address assignment, routing and firewalls configuration, DNS, and proxy assignment.
- We follow a detailed checklist for a seamless installation of the storage device.
- Provision of service infrastructure and cabling between arrays and switches.
- Testing and validation of the setup with end-to-end configuration.
Essential reports provided to customers include:
- Cloud Tech Services standards are followed to offer information on the volumetric allocation.
- The storage report will be provided to our clients once a month or as per the customer’s needs.
- Customers are offered status reports of the storage arrays, SAN Switches, storage management components, storage monitoring components.
- The reports will cover storage capacity, client connectivity, site failures, and client provisioning.
Storage Performance Reports
- Reports are provided whenever there is evidence of performance glitches in the storage array.
- Storage performance monitoring tools will provide notifications and alerting when a slowdown happens in the server. We will report the slowness of the storage array as per events.
- Our tools are capable of tracking performance metrics across all storage arrays.
- Monthly consumption reporting and regular service performance reviews across locations, along with recurring billing and supporting details to facilitate internal chargeback.
- Documentation – Develop and deliver admin guides, operational manuals, best practice white papers, and others.
- We offer customized reports as per the customer’s needs.
Monitoring and Evaluate the storage capacity Needs:
Storage monitoring will help us understand and evaluate the storage capacity needs to ensure adequate resources for optimal performance. Customers will receive health and performance reports for LUNs, device ports, physical disks, controllers, and disk groups.
We monitor the density of I/O traffic on disk groups and the slowdowns occurring on physical disks during read/write actions. We also monitor the external host handling the highest number of requests if the disk array has a queue of requests awaiting processing.
Necessary steps performed while monitoring the server are:
- Storage performance monitoring tools for notifications and alerts when the slowdown happens.
- Helps in tracking the performance metrics across all storage arrays.
- Adequate resources are made available for optimal performance.
- Health and performance reports of device ports, LUNs, controllers, physical disks, and disk groups.
- Monitoring latency, IOPS, throughput, and disk queue length.
- Accept and resolve incidents due to hardware or logical configuration.
- Reported incidents are received by the Cloud Tech Services Management Tool.
- Health Check for Storage will look for alerts, messages, faults, and event logs.
- Health Check for Switch will look for alerts, messages, faults, and ports no-light.
- Monitoring and checking the status of the array volumes, replication monitoring, and hardware monitoring. It includes all other monitoring activities related to fabric and arrays.
- Monitoring hardware alerts and informs the Storage Management Team for break-fix.
- Threshold monitoring to find out the used capacity of storage and provide warnings when threshold limits are reached.
- Monitoring the events based on pre-defined limits.
- Notify the detected event to the tech support team for resolution.
The code update will upgrade your system with advanced operational instructions without requiring any up-gradation in the system hardware. In addition, by updating the code, customers will explore new features added to the system, and it will automatically enhance the user experience while interacting with the system infrastructure.
Code Upgrade will help inform the system’s “built-in software” microcode – Assigned to make the system do its jobs, or more precisely, help to power on and function. Upgrades, like any other programming, can be improved over time. It helps repair bugs or add new functions to the system; code upgrades will eventually make everything better.
Performing firmware Upgrades
- Assisting in planning firmware upgrades on storage arrays and SAN switches.
- Perform firmware upgrades on storage arrays and SAN switches.
- Planning and performing storage management software upgrades.
- Deciding on the Frequency of the upgrades.
- Assisted Non-Disruptive Software Upgrades – A non-disruptive upgrade (NDU) is a software upgrade, hardware expansion, and or replacement that does not impact data availability or performance.
- Strengthened security capability.
- Quality of service (QoS) enhancement.
The benefits you will receive with the upgrades:
- Performance Improvements – Obtain faster time to market, improve user experiences, and effortlessly deliver improved database, analytics, and reporting performance.
- Security Capability is Strengthened – It will extend your security from data-at-rest encryption to application-layer encryption. It helps to meet increasingly stringent security requirements while offering data reduction benefits.
- Application-level encryption on bare metal and Linux environments without compromising the storage efficiencies gained. Reduce feature for variable-block data reduction.
- Quality of service (QoS) enhancements will improve all-flash storage efficiency and consistency, enabling powerful workload consolidation. Cloud Tech Services will assure your success with reliable mixed workload performance on all occasions.