CTS- STORAGE TIRES
|Block Storage||File and Object Storage|
|Description||Cost-effective capacity-optimized block storage service for Tier2 workloads.||Cost-effective general performance block storage service for mission-critical low-latency or throughput workloads.||Premium block storage service for mission-critical, low-latency workloads. The underlying Service Infrastructure deployed is designed to deliver 1000 IOPS/TiB under the following workload characteristics: 70/30 read/writ RR = 4:1; block size = 16k; and concurrency = 60% and without any replication configurations enabled.||File and object Storage is designed to deliver fast read and write.|
|Max Read Performance||9 GB/s||18 GB/s||18 GB/s||43 MB/s|
|Use Case||Tier2 Database and virtual machines, archive stores, test/dev, snapshot consolidation/retention.||Ideal fora broad range of Tier! workloads: Cassandra, MongoDB, MariaDB. VDI, Vmware, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP, HyperV, Epic. Hybrid and multi cloud, contrainers, media libraries, short term storage, Migrate to cloud, DR to cloud, test/dev||Ideal for a broad range of Block performance workloads with premium lOPS/TIB requirements.||Rapid Restore, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics, EDA, HPC, Software development, Code & artifact repository. Custom and COTS (Splunk, Vertica EON) S3 app support Rapid Restore (CommVault, Veeam).|
The significant steps include:
1.During the Installation Process, experts will perform the point-in-time checks essential for your system before the installation of storage arrays.
- Performing System checks
- Network Checks, and
- Software checks
- Finalize all the general configuration, including credentials and users as expected values.
- Validation of ports and performing health checks.
All the essential steps performed during the installation include:
- Site Planning Phase – Site installation will be performed including physical installation of storage arrays like racking and stacking, cabling, power-on, cooling, connectors, and health checks.
- Configuration – the basic configuration of the storage array
- Preparing the networking environment for connectivity to CTS servers and replication between the arrays (where required) including, IP address assignment, routing and firewalls configuration, DNS, and proxy assignment.
- We follow a detailed checklist for a seamless installation of the storage device.
- Provision of service infrastructure and cabling between arrays and switches.
- Testing and validation of the setup with end-to-end configuration.